Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mother of the Year - Application Denied!

Well, it appears that my application to become the Mother of the Year for 2007 has been denied. It turns out you are not supposed to leave your 8 month old unattended while you load up the car for an outing. They might pick up a heavy toy, while you've left the house for that tenth of a second, and it could fall on their head and give them a black eye. Who knew?! When I entered the house and heard the screaming I wondered what could have happened and then I saw this within seconds:



The bottom of the right eye is the bruise from the toy. The top redness is actually a couple mosquito bites. In my defense to those Mother of the Year judges, I guess even if I was in the room I would have had to probably dive across the room and onto the floor in order to save her from this little incidence! Two days ago she got a hold of my earing and put it in her mouth. This child is going to give me a heart attack, I just know it!

2 comments:

Yvonne Crawford said...

Poor little Caitlin!! I love the wording of your post though, so funny!

Who does Caitlin look more like? I can't figure it out. She has your eyes (well Steve could have blue eyes for all I know), but her skin coloring is a bit like Mia's. Mia is whiter than any of Angie's kids. She's like Snow White (who has brown eyes and I didn't realize it).

Your in the home stretch for the blue eyes though, I think they chance by 9 months. Mia's changed at 8 months. boo hoo! (okay, okay brown eyes are cool too - since I have them).

Wow for the long comment, guess I should've just emailed you. ha!

Lori said...

Maybe she will end up like her Grandma "Five foot two, eyes of blue"