Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Balloon to Be Thankful For!


Caitlin's first Thanksgiving was a great one! She got her first balloon from a grocery store clerk and was quite excited about it. They even gave her a fancy Thanksgiving themed one. She was absolutely loving the balloon all day.

We ate dinner at a friend's house. This is actually the 3rd year in a row that we've gone to the Silva's for Thanksgiving and Steve and I are thankful every year that they invite us. I always laugh that they ask me to bring sweet potato casserole, because as most should know it is not something Canadians eat...in Canada. I love it, but I'd never even heard of it before moving to the Southern part of the USA. I have no idea if the yankees eat it!

Note that my camera is not focusing. I have no idea why, so I'll have to pull out the manual. This last picture of Caitlin in her holiday dress was in focus. The fancy black shoes came off one minute after we arrived at our friend's house. She's not a shoe fan...YET! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Yvonne Crawford said...

Good luck with the shoes - it takes forever for them to actually like wearing them. Especially Callum - wow, that was hard!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Yvonne

Lori said...

wow, that balloon is larger than she is. She has really beautiful big blue eyes, just like her Mommy! Glad you had a good time. Wish I could have tasted that sweet potato casserole!

Beverley said...

You will have to send me the recipe for sweet potato casserole! We love sweet potatoes ... aren't they called yams in Canada?? The Aussies don't celebrate Thanksgiving .... I guess without a real winter, there's no need!