Monday, September 24, 2007

Proud Mommy


Yesterday Caitlin learned how to hold the bottle by herself. She sometimes has trouble tipping it up, but I think she'll have it down in no time.

Last night was a scarey night for us. Caitlin choked on a biter biscuit. She was lovin' the biscuit so much that she managed to get a couple chunks off. We were eating dinner and heard Caitlin gasping for air and then saw her turning blue. Steve and I had taken infant CPR, so thankfully we knew what to do. My brother's child had choked when he was a baby, so he strongly suggested we take the course when I was pregnant, which we did. Anyway, I scooped the food out of her throat and Steve put her upside down, while patting on her back, and she was breathing once again. I recommend that everyone who has a child take a CPR course and I would also suggest not giving a baby a biscuit like I did. We were thanking God last night that Caitlin was alright.

1 comment:

Yvonne Crawford said...

Oh I remember that day so well...:( I'm glad it worked out okay for Caitlin as well...you see your child's life flash before your eyes - not fun and will haunt you for a long time.