Friday, September 28, 2007

Learning to Cook

Now that I'm a mom, I figured I should be learning how to cook "family" meals, as opposed to making frozen pizza, ramen noodles, etc. Anyway, last night I cooked a roast along with some potatoes and onion, corn, and some biscuits. I have to toot my own horn here, because it was delicious! My husband said it was "AWESOME" and the best meal he'd ever had. I'm very proud of myself and look forward to many more cooking adventures. I just hope they turn out half as well as last nights meal. I would have taken a picture, but it would've made you all hungry, or worse, you'd want to come over for dinner! Just kidding! The down side of the cooking was the dish mess, but thankfully Steve took on that chore!
On a side note, I got the 3 pound roast on sale for $7. It was the sale that inspired me to try and make it. That's cheaper than a couple steaks and we have a ton left over! That also illustrates how much money restaurants can profit from us. If they only give you a couple pieces of roast and charge you $12+, you see how much they are gaining. Even with giving you some rabbit food (salad, potatoes) along with it.